- First, disable driver signing enforcement:
_ From the Charms bar, select Settings then Change PC Settings (bottom right of the screen).
_ Select General and scroll down to Advanced Startup and click restart now.
_ From the menu, select troubleshooting then Advanced Options then windows startup options.
_ Restart again and select number 7 Disable driver signature enforcement.
- Your PC will boot up as normal.
- Now Right Click the Windows 7 driver file that you downloaded from the Canon website and select troubleshoot compatibility.
- Go through the procedure and tell it that the driver worked in Windows 7.
- It should then install and work.
- Once you reboot again the driver enforcement is reverted but the printer still works.